Why Gold Coast?

• Why Gold Coast?

Posted by Oorsee on March 11, 2023 at 11:05 am

I would love to break the ice on this and raise the question 🙂 I’m sure there are loads of reasons why South Africans would love to settle in this paradise. What are the people like?

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Oorsee.
    Steven Phyffer replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Renee Hall

March 11, 2023 at 11:07 am

For me, it feels like Durban, the Durban I grew up in. It is vibrant, full of life. So much to do and see.

• Steven Phyffer

March 11, 2023 at 11:10 am

You’re not the first person to tell me that. It sounds great. A really dull question, when you say Durban, is it as humid? Are some evenings cool at least?

• Renee Hall

March 13, 2023 at 1:36 am

Definitely humid.

• Micaela Chetty

Organizer
    March 13, 2023 at 12:58 am

Well, for us – this is where my work placed us when we arrived in December. We didn’t have a choice of where they placed us for the sponsored 6 weeks accommodation but once that was done, we just loved the area so much that we decided to rent here. It’s definitely not very close to where my fiancé works (Brisbane) and I work (Tweed Heads). We love the Asian culture here, the beaches, everything is quite central, the people are friendly, the theme parks are so close, the weather is good besides the humidity at times and the overall vibe of the area. It is costly to rent/live here so it might not be the forever place for us, but it’s home for now.

• Steven Phyffer

March 13, 2023 at 4:37 am

It sounds wonderfull! Yes we noticed early that if you want to save on the rent you need to go regional. Far north prices are fairly good atm

• Steven Phyffer

September 17, 2023 at 2:20 am

You guys have been keeping this place from us 😂

It was a great vacation. Back to Melbourne soon…